1846 Memorial Highway, Shavertown, PA U.S. ZIP 18708


Grandparents Rights

Turn to a trusted local attorney

When a parent dies or divorces, grandparents may find themselves abruptly cut off from seeing their grandchildren. Under Pennsylvania law, grandparents can petition for partial custody (visitation rights) or even primary custody.

How Can We Help ?

Gary A. Michak is experienced and sympathetic to the plight of grandparents who have been suddenly and unreasonably denied access. He is an experienced family law lawyer who can convince the court that you should have regular visits or custody of the child.

Gary A. Michak practices in Wyoming, Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties. Contact Gary A. Michak today for a free consultation about grandparents' rights and your specific situation.

Call Gary A. Michak at 570-255-5500 to arrange a free initial consultation.

Asserting Grandparents' Custody Rights

Perhaps you provided day care on a regular basis. Perhaps you were seeing your grandchildren every other weekend. Perhaps the grandchild lived with you for a time but the parents have resumed their roles. If you are now deprived of that relationship, your grandchildren are no doubt missing you too.

Gary A. Michak has helped grandparents successfully petition the court for partial custody to establish a regular visitation schedule. Gary A. Michak has also represented grandparents in asserting primary custody when the grandchild has been abandoned, abused, neglected or endangered by the parent(s).

Grandparents also have standing to file for expedited custody when they have been denied access for no reason.

Custody Disputes Between Parents And Grandparents

If you have never had a close relationship with a grandchild, a court will not try to create one. However, if you can show evidence that you have been a part of the child's life, Gary A. Michak can get you on the docket and fight for your grandparents' rights in contested custody proceedings.

Call Gary A. Michak at 570-255-5500 to arrange a free initial consultation and put you one step closer to your grandchildren.

Contact Us

Need An Appointment For Legal HElp?

Make An Appointment